Direct Support Staff
Join the growing EmberHope Youthville Team. Youthville in Newton, Ks has a new emergency shelter opening soon and we are looking for qualified caring workers to serve the kids in our care. Job responsibilities include:
· 35% - Provides and fosters a loving, caring, and safe environment
· 35% - Interacts with youth in a way that promotes healing
· 10% - Maintain and prepare records
· 10% - Cottage management
· 5% - Provides for cultural and educational development
· 5% - Communication
· Education - High school diploma or equivalent required. Employee is required to have 3 semester hours of college level study in adolescent development, psychology, or related subject or must be actively and continuously working toward the completion of three semester hours
· Training - Maintain agency-required training.
· Certification - Maintain agency required certification/licensure.
· Experience - Prefer experience working with youth or adolescents with special needs.
· Minimum Age - Must be 21 years of age or older.