Koch Supply & Trading companies offer global coverage and world-class market knowledge in diverse commodities - both in their physical and paper form. The owner of KS&T, Koch Resources, LLC, maintains long-term credit ratings of AA- from S&P and Aa3 from Moody's, a credit rating higher than 98 percent of rated energy companies.
Koch Supply & Trading companies have a unique, analysis- and relationship-based foundation that has become their trademark in the global marketplace. From worldwide locations, the companies' traders, accounting professionals, market analysts, market and credit risk specialists, logistics specialists and information technology professionals connect with international markets.
To learn more, visit us at www.ksandt.com
Koch Supply & Trading is seeking an Accountant within Financial Accounting to work in our Wichita, KS&T headquarters. While in this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with other accounting professionals, credit, treasury, and risk within the Koch Supply & Trading organization as well as other Koch affiliated companies. The Accountant takes an active role in efficiently producing financial information that is accurate and relevant for business decision making, ensuring the timely delivery of analysis reports, in addition to understanding accounting concepts and principles related to our world-wide commodity trading organization.
Candidates for this role should be highly motived, proactive and self-driven with strong critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, and ability to solve problems and help implement those solutions.
The Financial Accountant responsibilities include:
• Complete month-end close and financial reporting processes to meet the best in class close timeline, including but not limited to recording, reviewing, reconciling SG&A costs.
• Process AR and AP SG&A invoices accurately and timely including external, intra KS&T and inter Koch.
• Analyze SG&A information across different business units.
• Complete Balance Sheet reconciliations.
• Drive transformation by identifying opportunities for improvements, challenge status quo, develop recommendations, and implement solutions.
• Apply new tools and technology to transform current processes.
• Successfully develop and maintain good working relationships with other departments within KS&T and Koch.
• Exercise full compliance with KS&T Trading Standards and constantly work towards strengthening KS&T’s control environment.
A successful candidate will have the following characteristics:
• Self-motivated with positive attitude and drive to create value
• Self-starter with sense of urgency and problem-solving skills
• Effective communication and organizational skills with strong attention to details
• Ability to multi-task and manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to learn and adapt to new systems and processes quickly
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
• Experience using MS Office Suite (Excel/Access)
• Experience using pivot tables in MS Excel and/or experience querying data in MS Access
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf